Our Kale Salad w/ Ginger-Miso Vinaigrette Dressing is going to greatly surprise you! So easy and quick to make, extremely healthy, and packed with flavour!
Kale is so healthy and it’s always on the menu at our house. One of our favourite ways to eat it is this Kale Salad with Ginger-Miso Vinaigrette. So delicious and nutritious!
Massaging the kale with the dressing to wilt and soften the leaves is very important as massaging kale mellows the bitterness and brings out the sweetness while making the leaves chewy and tender.
This Ginger-Miso Vinaigrette Dressing is very simple and quick to make, yet packed with tons of flavour. It’s umami, tart, salty, yummy!
We like to drizzle this Vinaigrette on all sorts of dishes, from salads to roasted vegetables. The vinaigrette is also made with very easy and affordable ingredients.
Do you know how healthy kale is? (extracted from Medical News Today): The nutrients it contains support healthy skin, hair, and bones. The fibre content enhances digestion and contributes to cardiovascular health. With more nutritional value than spinach, it may help improve blood glucose control in diabetes, lower the risk of cancer, reduce blood pressure, and help prevent the development of asthma.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad, our Vegan Red Cabbage Salad with Pink Creamy Dressing, or the rest of our Vegan Salads. You’ll love them!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Kale Salad w/ Ginger-Miso Vinaigrette Dressing
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp ginger powder
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp old-fashioned mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 200 g kale, stems discarded and leaves chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Red bell-pepper, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 65 g corn salad greens, also known as valerianella locusta
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, water, apple cider vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, ginger powder, white miso paste, nutritional yeast, old-fashioned mustard, and freshly ground black pepper, until a smooth paste has formed.
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl, and drizzle over 1 cup of the vinaigrette. Using your hands, toss and massage the kale for two minutes. The leaves should be glistening with vinaigrette, not swimming in it. Let the salad sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the rest of the vinaigrette to a sealed container, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Top the kale salad with finely sliced red bell pepper, chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes, chopped carrot, corn salad greens, green olives, black olives, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with more Ginger-Miso Vinaigrette.
- Enjoy immediately along with a few slices of whole-wheat or gluten-free bread!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 3 days.
- Store the vinaigrette separately in another sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.