This recipe is so easy and quick, ready in less than 30 minutes! It’s the perfect delicious topping to make when you’re short on time but still want to eat flavourful food.
If you’re interested in more recipes of VEGAN MEAT, you can find an entire chapter dedicated to them in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way”, in chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. In this chapter, you can find recipes for 13 incredibly delicious vegan meats, some of them gluten-free too! Here’s a list:
- VEGAN BRATWURSTS
- VEGAN HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGES
- VEGAN WHEAT FILET MIGNON
- VEGAN BBQ RIBS
- THE BEST VEGAN BURGER
- BAKE-ON: A SUPER QUICK&EASY BACON MADE OF TOFU
- SWEDISH CHRISTMAS HAM
- CHICKUN: 2 DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE VEGAN CHICKEN: VEGAN THYME & ROSEMARY CUTLETS AND SPICY BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
- SEITAN BACON
- VEGAN MORTADELLA
- BAVARIAN MORTADELLA
- SEITAN PEPPERONI
- and more!!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Mushroom Bacon, check out our Vegan Serrano Cured Ham or Spanish Vegan Jamón Serrano, our Loaded Vegan & Gluten-Free Chorizo Nachos, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Tempeh Bacon, our Swedish Style Vegan Ham, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Buffalo Mozzarella, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Mortadella, our Vegan Brie en Croûte with Lingonberry Jam, and the rest of our Vegan Cold Cuts & Cheeses and Vegan Meat & Fish. You’re going to love them all!
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Mushroom Bacon so Meaty & Satisfying
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 500 g mushrooms, portobello mushrooms preferably, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari, or Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pure date syrup
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, tamari, pure date syrup, red wine vinegar, liquid smoke, white miso paste, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, beetroot powder, and freshly ground black pepper, until a smooth soft paste has formed.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/392ºF.
- Place the sliced mushrooms in the bowl with the marinade, and using your hands, mix well until they're all coated.
- Place the marinated mushroom slices over an oven-safe baking or cooling rack directly placed on top of a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Make sure to spread the mushrooms into an even layer, and that the mushrooms are not touching each other.
- Bake on the top third rack of the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushroom slices in a single layer until you fill the skillet. Work in batches and fry for 5 to 10 minutes until golden on both sides. Don't stir the mushrooms too much, only flip when they are already golden.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dishes. Our favourite way is on top of an avocado toast, yum! Enjoy!!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.