Sweet and savoury, umami, so yummy and flavourful, and incredibly satisfying, you’re going to love our Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble. If you want to spice up your tofu scramble game, this recipe is for you! And if you think you don’t like tofu, this recipe is also for you! It’s also ready in 25 minutes!
1 250 g serving will provide you with 307.1 kcal, 43% of the protein, 12% of the dietary fibre, 206% of the vitamin A, 54% of the calcium, 27% of the iron and 0% of cholesterol that you need in a day (based on a 2000kcal per day diet). See the detailed nutrition facts below.
Tofu is one of our favourite ingredients because it’s extremely versatile, it’s loaded with vegan protein, and it’s naturally gluten-free! Tofu makes for a versatile blank canvas that can handle any flavours you’re in the mood for. If you think that you hate tofu, it’s because you’ve been cooking it wrong. I guarantee that you’re going to love this recipe!
The key to good tofu lies in how it’s prepared. You can fry it, marinate it, add it to curries and soups, turn it into a dessert or turn it into a delicious scramble, just to name a few examples. Here are some examples of recipes of ours that will make you love tofu:
- Easy & Yummy Vegan Tofu Bacon
- Loaded Vegan Chorizo Nachos
- Trash Can Vegan Nachos
- The Best Ever Vegan Chili con Carne
- The Best Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle
- Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites
- The Best Ever Texas Style Vegan Chili
- The Best Gluten-Free & Vegan Fish & Chips
- Amazing Vegan Swedish Meatballs
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Dim Sum Dumplings
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Coconut Bacon
- Easy Low-Calorie Vegan Pasta Carbonara (Whole Food, Oil-Free)
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
Our Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble is quick and easy to make, and it will last for days when stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Simply heat it and your meal will be ready in no time. Accompany this delicious dish with our Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Enjoy, you’re going to love this delicious combo!
And if you want to have THE BEST VEGAN SCRAMBLED EGGS YOU WILL EVER HAVE, you need to make the recipe from our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS. First, we make the Vegan Egg Yolk Sauce, secondly the Tofu Scramble, and then we mix it all, finishing it with the most important secret ingredient at the very end! If you were/are an egg lover, then you will love it, it may even be too realistic! I know that we freaked out by how realistic it tastes, and we personally LOVE it! To accompany, what better than our homemade Vegan Italian Sausages (recipe also on our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS). Have a look:
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan & Gluten-Free Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble, check out our Vegan Mushroom Bacon, our Vegan Tempeh Bacon, our Vegan Smoked Salmon, our Vegan Serrano Cured Ham, our Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Healthy Tuna, our Kale Salad with Ginger & Miso Vinaigrette Dressing, our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese, our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella, our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy), our Easy to Make Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Oil-Free & Healthy Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Vegan Pink Sauce – Beetalicious, our Garlic Vegan Sauce, and our Vegan Pesto Sauce. And if you want to find some REALLY EPIC SAUCES AND DRESSINGS RECIPES, ALONG WITH OVER 150 OTHER RECIPES, check out our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here and here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1/4 cup cashews, lightly roasted
- 540 g extra-firm tofu, drained, crumbled to bite size
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp tamari, or Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp liquid concentrated mushroom broth, pure from the bottle
- 1/2 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 green onion, finely sliced, for garnish
- 1 dash sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lightly roast the cashews in a non-stick skillet over low heat. Set aside.
- Crumble the tofu and add it to a non-stick large skillet over medium-high heat. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the chopped carrots and canola oil and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in tamari or Japanese soy sauce, liquid concentrated mushroom broth (pure from the bottle), finely chopped green onion, apple cider vinegar, raw sugar, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper, and sauté for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the toasted sesame oil and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the roasted cashews. Garnish with the finely sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately along with our Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Enjoy, you're going to love this delicious combo!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.