Our Garlic Roasted Potatoes are an insanely flavourful side dish to accompany any meal. They’re easy to make, perfectly garlicky, creamy, and fluffy, yet crispy and with golden edges. Serve them alongside our Vegan & Gluten-Free Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble for an amazing meal!
An amazing recipe, these garlic roasted potatoes are an easy and delicious side dish that goes with anything! From Sage & Rum Marinated Vegan Filet Mignon with Green Peppercorn Gravy, Succulent Vegan Filet Mignon to Vegan Seitan Steaks or Pretty Damn Good Vegan Burgers! Feel free to get creative and add the herbs you have on hand. Our preference is to add fresh rosemary and thyme. So good!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Mushroom Bacon, our Vegan Tempeh Bacon, our Vegan Smoked Salmon, our Vegan Serrano Cured Ham, our Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Healthy Tuna, our Kale Salad with Ginger & Miso Vinaigrette Dressing, our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese, our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella, our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy), our Easy to Make Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Oil-Free & Healthy Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Vegan Pink Sauce – Beetalicious, our Garlic Vegan Sauce, and our Vegan Pesto Sauce. And if you want to find some REALLY EPIC SAUCES AND DRESSINGS RECIPES, ALONG WITH OVER 150 OTHER RECIPES, check out our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here and here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Place the peeled and quartered potatoes in a large bowl and add water until they're covered. Stir in 1 tbsp of sea salt. Let the potatoes soak in water for 30 minutes. Drain them with a colander.
- Preheat the oven to 225ºC/437ºF.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it's boiling, stir in 1 tbsp of sea salt and the soaked potatoes. Let the potatoes boil for 8 minutes, monitoring the pot constantly.
- Using a colander, drain them and transfer them back to the empty hot large pot. Cover the pot securely and shake 3-4 times.
- Fill a large baking pan with extra-virgin olive oil until you have a thin layer of it. Place the crushed garlic cloves inside it. Place the pan in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the oil begins to shimmer and you start to see the garlic cloves cooking.
- Take the pan out of the oven and, carefully, place the potatoes in it. Sprinkle some flaked sea salt on top and, with a wooden spatula, toss the potatoes around to cover them all in oil. Add the freshly ground black pepper and the herbs of your choosing. Our favourites are rosemary and thyme.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out and toss the potatoes around again. Bake again for 15 more minutes or until the potatoes are looking golden and crispy.
- Enjoy these super delicious Garlic Roasted Potatoes alongside our Vegan & Gluten-Free Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble for an amazing meal!
- Store any leftovers in a sealed container, in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, simply bake them at 180°C/350°F for 5-7 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.