Rich and creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse that is light as air, fluffy, flavoured with unprocessed peanut butter and coconut milk, and sweetened with Medjool dates. So yummy, sweet, and delicate! If you’re a peanut butter lover, this decadent dessert will fascinate you!
Very quick to make, ready in less than half an hour! Prepare yourself for an incredibly delicious treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other day! Everyone will love it! Egg-free, fuss-free yet insanely creamy and yummy, this is The Best Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse you’ll have!
This recipe is so easy to make! Vegan mousse is made with aquafaba instead of egg whites. Aquafaba is the liquid you find inside a can of boiled chickpeas. You can also get aquafaba after boiling your own chickpeas, but I don’t recommend doing that for this recipe. Stick to the aquafaba inside a can of salt-free boiled chickpeas. Aquafaba contains a protein that mimics perfectly egg whites in different recipes, like our Egg-Free Vegan Meringue (recipe found in our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“: Light, airy, and perfectly sweet Egg-Less Meringue that you’re going to love. Here you can see a pic:
If you liked this recipe for Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse, check out our Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Easy Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Alcohol-Free Easy Vegan Tiramisu, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Popcorn Cake, our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie, our Luscious Vegan Forest Fruit Pie, or the rest of our Sweets recipes and Gluten-Free Recipes.
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
The Best Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk, canned (ONLY extract the solids of a can refrigerated overnight)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup unprocessed peanut butter, oil-free & sugar-free
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup creamy oat milk
- 4 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup aquafaba, the liquid inside a can of salt-free chickpeas. Essential ingredient to achieving the airy consistency, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp aquafaba, the liquid inside a can of salt-free chickpeas. Essential ingredient to achieving the airy consistency, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar, essential ingredient to achieve the airy consistency
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- raw peanuts, chopped, optional
- raw peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Make sure to have refrigerated the can of full-fat coconut milk overnight.
- Extract only the solids of the coconut milk can and place them in a small saucepan. Bring the saucepan to a simmer. Let it melt, stirring until smooth.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the banana, unprocessed peanut butter, pitted Medjool dates, creamy oat milk, and cornstarch, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended mixture into the simmering coconut milk, and bring to a simmer again over medium heat. Let simmer until it becomes thick and creamy, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to get to room temperature. This is a very important step!
- Once the peanut butter mixture is room temperature, place the aquafaba and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer with beaters, whip on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until white and glossy stiff peaks form. Make sure you have achieved stiff peaks. The best way to do so is by inverting the bowl with the whipped aquafaba. If it slides down at all, you need to keep whipping until it doesn't move at all. Stir in the granulated sugar and vanilla extract, while whipping at high speed. Keep whipping for 10-15 more minutes until it gets thicker and looks completely smooth (without any sugar pieces left).
- Now whip the peanut butter mixture inside the saucepan until it's completely smooth and creamy.
- Gently and gradually fold the peanut butter mixture from the saucepan inside the bowl. Use a silicone spatula and a gentle folding motion. Don't whip them together, only use a silicone spatula! Now, optionally add chopped peanuts to the mixture.
- Divide the mousse into glasses.
- Refrigerate for a few hours (around 4 hours), or until the mousse has set. Top with more chopped peanuts. Serve chilled and enjoy this fluffy delicious dessert!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 2 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.