The Best Hummus Recipe is incredibly creamy, light and fluffy. So so smooth, silky-smooth, you won’t believe it! It’s tangy, fresh, and flavourful. It’s simply incredible, easy, quick, and amazing! It’ll become your favourite hummus ever RIGHT AWAY! And guess what? The recipe is also oil-free! There is only totally optional extra-virgin olive oil drizzled on top, but feel free to skip it if you prefer it that way! The flavour is PERFECT without the oil!
If you want really smooth hummus you have to remove the chickpeas’ skin. That’s the key to perfect hummus! Adding some ice cubes to the blend is also essential to achieve hummus perfection!
As you may know, we already have a recipe for “plain” hummus and it tastes absolutely delicious too, but this new recipe is on another level! We wanted to make perfect hummus, just like the one I got to eat in Israel during a business trip a couple of years ago. After quite a lot of trial and error, we can say, this is it: THE BEST HUMMUS RECIPE THAT EXISTS!
If you’re interested in some more of our recipes for hummus, here’s a list of them:
- Healthy Classic & Beet Hummus
- Roasted Paprika Healthy Hummus
- Low-Calorie Paprika Hummus + Raw Veggies
- Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus & Roasted Potatoes
- For Dogs: Easy Healthy Vegan Pupcakes (Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes Frosted w/ Dog-Friendly Hummus)
You can also find an amazing recipe for Pumpkin Hummus, Halloween themed, called SPIDERWEB PUMPKIN HUMMUS in both our Halloween e-book & our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here’s a pic:
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Make sure you remove the chickpeas' skin, as this will make the biggest difference when it comes to achieving the perfect silky-smooth hummus texture. Don't skip!
- Soak the minced garlic in the freshly squeezed lemon juice for 10 minutes. This will also make a huge difference in flavour as the garlic will lose its harsh taste and mellow out.
- In a food processor, combine the skinless chickpeas, tahini, garlic and lemon mixture, freshly ground cumin, unsweetened soy milk, and sea salt, and process until the mixture is smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Now taste the hummus and add any extra seasoning if desired. Stir in the ice cubes and process again until the mixture looks silky-smooth, pale, and very creamy.
- Scrape the hummus into a plate and use a spoon to create nice swooshes on top.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and top with a sprinkle of paprika powder, a few chickpeas, some lemon slices, and chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy, you're going to love our hummus recipe!
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.