Our Easy & Yummy Gluten-Free Vegan Tofu Bacon is super easy and quick to make, ready in half an hour, so meaty, smokey, delicious, and cholesterol-free. It’s so full of flavour, crispy, chewy, and satisfying. Everyone will love it! Full of vegan protein and so amazing!
Tofu is one of our favourite ingredients because it’s extremely versatile, it’s loaded with vegan protein, and it’s naturally gluten-free! Tofu makes for a versatile blank canvas that can handle any flavours you’re in the mood for. If you think that you hate tofu, it’s because you’ve been cooking it wrong. I guarantee that you’re going to love this recipe!
The key to good tofu lies in how it’s prepared. You can fry it, marinate it, add it to curries and soups, turn it into a dessert or turn it into a delicious scramble, just to name a few examples. Here are some examples of recipes of ours that will make you love tofu:
- Vegan Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble
- Trash Can Vegan Nachos
- The Best Ever Vegan Chili con Carne
- The Best Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle
- Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites
- The Best Ever Texas Style Vegan Chili
- The Best Gluten-Free & Vegan Fish & Chips
- Amazing Vegan Swedish Meatballs
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Dim Sum Dumplings
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Coconut Bacon
- Easy Low-Calorie Vegan Pasta Carbonara (Whole Food, Oil-Free)
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
We serve this delicious Tofu Bacon along with our Garlic Roasted Potatoes and our “Vegan Scramble to Die For“, THE BEST VEGAN SCRAMBLED EGGS YOU WILL EVER HAVE, recipe from our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. First, we make the Vegan Egg Yolk Sauce, secondly the Tofu Scramble, and then we mix it all, finishing it with the most important secret ingredient at the very end! If you were/are an egg lover, then you will love it, it may even be too realistic! I know that we freaked out by how realistic it tastes, and we personally LOVE it! To accompany, what better than our homemade Vegan Italian Sausages (recipe also found on our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS). You are certainly going to enjoy this combo, believe us! Here you can see some pics:
If you are interested in our other recipes for VEGAN BACON, you need to check out the best Vegan Bacon recipe you could ever find, our Seitan Bac’n from our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, recipe found on chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY” on page 104. Here you can see some photos accompanied by our incredibly delicious Vegan Fried Egg (recipe also found in our book):
In our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, you can also find a recipe for vegan bacon that is so quick, gluten-free and so good! It’s called “BAKE-ON” and it’s bacon made of tofu, seasoned with all the right ingredients so it tastes like bacon! It’s on page 98 of the same chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. Here you can see a picture with our famous super creamy and cheesy “Wheels&Cheeze” (recipe also found in our book):
And we also have another amazing recipe for vegan bacon here on the blog, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Tempeh Bacon. Check it out too!
If you liked this recipe, check out the rest of our Vegan Meat & Fish Recipes. You’ll love them all!
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Easy & Yummy Vegan Tofu Bacon
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 540 g extra-firm tofu, pressed, drained, and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 374ºF/190ºC.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, nutritional yeast, Japanese soy sauce or tamari, pure date syrup, canola oil, smoked paprika, and liquid smoke, until a smooth soft paste has formed.
- Slice the pressed and drained tofu into thin slices. Thin slices make it crispier, thicker slices make more chewy vegan bacon.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the marinade into a large shallow container. Place the tofu slices on top, and keep pouring tablespoons of the marinade, until all the tofu is covered with marinade on both sides. Spread the marinade with a basting brush, to cover all the pieces completely.
- Cover and let the tofu soak in the marinade for a minimum of 10 minutes to overnight. The longer you leave it, the better!
- Transfer the marinated tofu to a previously oiled baking tray or pan (placed them in a single layer), and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and very fragrant.
- Serve immediately on your favourite dishes. We love to have it along with our Garlic Roasted Potatoes and our "Vegan Scramble to Die For" from our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. The perfect combo (as seen in photos)!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.