Our Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus is incredibly flavourful, creamy, light, and fluffy. Silky-smooth and bursting with Italian flavours from the sun-dried tomatoes and the fresh basil. It tastes so fresh, a little tangy, and absolutely delicious. It’s also super easy and quick to make! It’ll become one of your favourite hummus ever RIGHT AWAY along with The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists! This hummus is highly addictive, you’ve been warned!
If you want really smooth hummus you have to remove the chickpeas’ skin. That’s the key to perfect hummus! Adding some ice cubes to the blend is also essential to achieve hummus perfection!
If you’re interested in some more of our recipes for hummus, here’s a list of them all:
- The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists. CHECK THIS RECIPE OUT!!!
- Healthy Classic & Beet Hummus
- Roasted Paprika Healthy Hummus
- Low-Calorie Paprika Hummus + Raw Veggies
- Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus & Roasted Potatoes
- For Dogs: Easy Healthy Vegan Pupcakes (Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes Frosted w/ Dog-Friendly Hummus)
You can also find an amazing recipe for Pumpkin Hummus, Halloween themed, called SPIDERWEB PUMPKIN HUMMUS in both our Halloween e-book & our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here’s a pic:
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
So Flavourful & Smooth Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 500 g boiled chickpeas, skins removed
- 1/2 cup tahini, good quality tahini
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp cumin, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, add at the end and pulse until just minced into the hummus
- Make sure you remove the chickpeas' skin, as this will make the biggest difference when it comes to achieving the perfect silky-smooth hummus texture. Don't skip!
- In a food processor, place the sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, and process until a very smooth soft paste forms.
- Add in the skinless chickpeas, tahini, freshly squeezed lemon, freshly ground cumin, unsweetened soy milk, and sea salt, and process again until the mixture is smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Now taste the hummus and add any extra seasoning if desired. Stir in the ice cubes and process again until the mixture becomes silky-smooth, pale, and very creamy.
- Stir in the chopped fresh basil and pulse until just minced into the hummus.
- Scrape the hummus into a plate and use a spoon to create nice swooshes on top.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and top with finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Enjoy, you're going to love our incredibly Flavourful & Smooth Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus recipe!
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.