Rich and creamy Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse that is ethereal, light as air, fluffy, and flavoured with fresh passion fruits. So yummy, sweet, slightly tangy, and delicate! This decadent dessert will fascinate you!
This has probably become our favourite dessert in the whole world. When we made The Best Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, we were so sure that was the best mousse we had ever had, but then last weekend I created this recipe, we tasted it, and wow! What an absolutely delicious explosion of flavours. This one is even better! Insane, so so good! You need to try them both, so absolutely delicious and easy!
So quick, ready in less than half an hour! Prepare yourself for an incredibly delicious treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day really! Everyone will love it! Egg-free, fuss-free yet insanely creamy and yummy, this is The Most Delightful Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse you’ll ever have!
This recipe is so easy to make! Vegan mousse is made with aquafaba instead of egg whites. Aquafaba is the liquid you find inside a can of boiled chickpeas. You can also get aquafaba after boiling your own chickpeas, but I don’t recommend doing that for this recipe. Stick to the aquafaba inside a can of salt-free boiled chickpeas. Aquafaba contains a protein that mimics perfectly egg whites in different recipes, like our Egg-Free Vegan Meringue (recipe found in our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“: Light, airy, and perfectly sweet Egg-Less Meringue that you’re going to love. Here you can see a pic:
Looking for more passion fruit recipes?
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse, check out our The Best Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Easy Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse, our Alcohol-Free Easy Vegan Tiramisu, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Popcorn Cake, our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie, our Luscious Vegan Forest Fruit Pie, or the rest of our Sweets recipes and Gluten-Free Recipes.
The Most Delightful Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk, canned (ONLY extract the solids of a can refrigerated overnight)
- 4 passion fruits, extract the pulp
- 4 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup creamy oat milk
- 1 tbsp creamy oat milk
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup aquafaba, the liquid inside a can of salt-free chickpeas. Essential ingredient to achieving the airy consistency, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar, essential ingredient to achieve the airy consistency
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Passion fruit
- Fresh mint leaves
- Make sure to have refrigerated the can of full-fat coconut milk overnight.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the 4 passion fruits pulp, cornstarch, creamy oat milk, and raw sugar, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Extract only the solids of the coconut milk can and place them in a small saucepan. Bring the saucepan to a simmer. Let the coconut melt, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the simmering coconut milk, and bring to a simmer again over medium heat, stirring for a few minutes, until the mixture has thickened. Let simmer until it becomes thick and creamy, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to get to room temperature. This is a very important step!
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, place the previously refrigerated and very cold aquafaba and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer with beaters, whip on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until white and glossy stiff peaks form. Make sure you have achieved stiff peaks. The best way to do so is by inverting the bowl with the whipped aquafaba. If it slides down at all, you need to keep whipping until it doesn't move at all. Stir in the granulated sugar while whipping at high speed. Keep whipping for 10-15 more minutes until it gets thicker and looks completely smooth (without any sugar pieces left).
- Now whip the passion fruit mixture inside the saucepan until it's completely smooth and creamy.
- Gently and gradually fold the smooth passion fruit mixture from the saucepan inside the bowl. Use a silicone spatula and a gentle folding motion. Don't whip them together, only use a silicone spatula!
- Place the passion fruit mousse in glasses.
- Refrigerate for a few hours (around 4 hours), or until the mousse has set. Serve chilled, topped with fresh mint leaves and more passion fruit. Enjoy this fancy and insanely delicious dessert!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 2 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.