Fluffy Refreshing Vegan Lemon Mousse that is ethereal, light as air, fluffy, rich, and creamy. Fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract are what gives this mousse such an amazing flavour.
Vegan Lemon Mousse… decadent, smooth, and creamy melt-in-your-mouth delicious. It has a perfect flavour component of tart along with the sweet. Refreshing and not heavy at all, an ideal dessert during the warm summer months but it also makes a delicious light ending to hearty winter meals.
Just a few ingredients make the silkiest and most delicate sweet lemon mousse. If you love lemon desserts, you will certainly love this recipe!
So quick, ready in less than half an hour! Prepare yourself for an incredibly delicious treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day really! Everyone will love it! Egg-free, fuss-free yet insanely creamy and yummy, this is The Fluffiest Most Refreshing Vegan Lemon Mousse you’ll ever have!
This dessert is ideal for family celebrations and parties since it allows you to prepare it in advance and reserve it in the refrigerator. All your guests will love it!
Great by itself served in a parfait glass topped with fresh basil, but equally amazing served with a graham cracker crust.
Tangy and sweet, this Vegan Lemon Mousse will impress every one of your guests!
This recipe is so easy to make! Vegan mousse is made with aquafaba instead of egg whites. Aquafaba is the liquid you find inside a can of boiled chickpeas. You can also get aquafaba after boiling your own chickpeas, but I don’t recommend doing that for this recipe. Stick to the aquafaba inside a can of salt-free boiled chickpeas. Aquafaba contains a protein that mimics perfectly egg whites in different recipes, like our Egg-Free Vegan Meringue (recipe found in our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“: Light, airy, and perfectly sweet Egg-Less Meringue that you’re going to love. Here you can see a pic:
Looking for more vegan mousse recipes?
- The Most Delightful Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse
- The Best Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse
- The Best Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
- Easy Rich Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
If you liked this recipe for Fluffy Refreshing Vegan Lemon Mousse, check out our The Best Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Easy Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse, our Alcohol-Free Easy Vegan Tiramisu, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Popcorn Cake, our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie, our Luscious Vegan Forest Fruit Pie, or the rest of our Sweets recipes and Gluten-Free Recipes.
Fluffy Refreshing Vegan Lemon Mousse
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk, canned (ONLY extract the solids of a can refrigerated overnight)
- 2 lemon peel strips
- 3/4 cup creamy oat milk
- 2 tbsp creamy oat milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 4 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup aquafaba, the liquid inside a can of salt-free chickpeas. Essential ingredient to achieving the airy consistency, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar, essential ingredient to achieve the airy consistency
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Lemon slices
- lemon zest
- Fresh basil leaves
- Make sure to have refrigerated the can of full-fat coconut milk overnight.
- Extract only the solids of the coconut milk can and place them in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Let the coconut melt, stirring until smooth.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the lemon peel strips, creamy oat milk, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon extract, and icing sugar, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the simmering coconut milk, and bring to a simmer again over medium heat, stirring for a few minutes, until the mixture has thickened. Let simmer until it becomes thick and creamy, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to get to room temperature. This is a very important step!
- Once the lemon mixture is at room temperature, place the aquafaba and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer with beaters, whip on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until white and glossy stiff peaks form. Make sure you have achieved stiff peaks. The best way to do so is by inverting the bowl with the whipped aquafaba. If it slides down at all, you need to keep whipping until it doesn't move at all. Stir in the granulated sugar, while whipping at high speed. Keep whipping for 10-15 more minutes until it gets thicker and looks completely smooth (without any sugar pieces left).
- Now whip the lemon mixture inside the saucepan until it's completely smooth and creamy.
- Gently and gradually fold the lemon mixture from the saucepan inside the bowl. Use a silicone spatula and a gentle folding motion. Don't whip them together, only use a silicone spatula!
- Place the lemon mousse in glasses.
- Refrigerate for a few hours (around 4 hours), or until the mousse has set. Serve chilled, topped with fresh basil leaves, lemon slices, and lemon zest, and enjoy this fancy and delicious dessert!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 2 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.