Incredibly creamy, light and fluffy Chili Hummus. So so smooth, silky-smooth, you won’t believe it! It’s spicy, tangy, fresh, and flavourful. It’s so easy, quick, and amazing! It’ll become your favourite hummus ever RIGHT AWAY along with The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists and So Flavourful & Smooth Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus! And guess what? The recipe is also oil-free! There is only totally optional chilli-infused olive oil drizzled on top, but feel free to skip it if you prefer it that way! The flavour is PERFECT without the oil!
This recipe is an exciting and spicy variation of The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists.
If you want really smooth hummus you have to remove the chickpeas’ skin. That’s the key to perfect hummus! Adding some ice cubes to the blend is also essential to achieve hummus perfection!
If you’re interested in some more of our recipes for hummus, here’s a list of them all:
- The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists CHECK THIS RECIPE OUT!!!
- So Flavourful & Smooth Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus CHECK THIS RECIPE OUT!!!
- Healthy Classic & Beet Hummus
- Roasted Paprika Healthy Hummus
- Low-Calorie Paprika Hummus + Raw Veggies
- Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus & Roasted Potatoes
- For Dogs: Easy Healthy Vegan Pupcakes (Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes Frosted w/ Dog-Friendly Hummus)
You can also find an amazing recipe for Pumpkin Hummus, Halloween themed, called SPIDERWEB PUMPKIN HUMMUS in both our Halloween e-book & our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here’s a pic:
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Silky-Smooth, Fluffy, Delicious Chili Hummus
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 large Guajillo chili pepper, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes, seeds removed
- 470 g boiled chickpeas, skins removed
- 7 tbsp tahini, good quality tahini
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced & soaked in the lemon juice for 10 minutes
- 1/2 tsp cumin, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, or more to your own taste
- Make sure you remove the chickpeas' skin, as this will make the biggest difference when it comes to achieving the perfect silky-smooth hummus texture. Don't skip!
- Soak the Guajillo chili pepper in boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove the seeds.
- Soak the minced garlic in the freshly squeezed lemon juice for 10 minutes. This will also make a huge difference in flavour as the garlic will lose its harsh taste and mellow out.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked chili pepper, skinless chickpeas, tahini, garlic and lemon mixture, freshly ground cumin, unsweetened soy milk, and sea salt, and process until the mixture is smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Stir in the ice cubes and process again until the mixture looks silky-smooth, pale, and very creamy. Now add the chili powder and process again. Taste the hummus and add any extra seasoning if desired.
- Scrape the hummus into a plate and use a spoon to create nice swooshes on top.
- Drizzle with some chili infused olive oil and top with a few chickpeas. Enjoy, you're going to love our Chili Hummus recipe!
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.