Incredibly creamy, light and fluffy Exquisite Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. So so smooth, silky-smooth, you won’t believe it! It’s insanely flavourful, peppery, tangy, fresh, and optionally spicy. It’s so easy, quick, and amazing! It’ll become one of your favourite hummus recipes ever RIGHT AWAY along with The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists, So Flavourful & Smooth Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus, and Silky-Smooth, Fluffy, Delicious Chili Hummus! And guess what? The recipe is also oil-free! There is only totally optional extra-virgin olive oil drizzled on top, but feel free to skip it if you prefer it that way! The flavour is PERFECT without the oil!
This recipe is an exciting variation of The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists.
If you want really smooth hummus you have to remove the chickpeas’ skin. That’s the key to perfect hummus! Adding some ice cubes to the blend is also essential to achieve hummus perfection!
If you’re interested in some more of our recipes for hummus, here’s a list of them all:
- The Best Hummus Recipe That Exists CHECK THIS RECIPE OUT!!!
- So Flavourful & Smooth Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus CHECK THIS RECIPE OUT!!!
- Silky-Smooth, Fluffy, Delicious Chili Hummus CHECK THIS RECIPE OUT!!!
- Healthy Classic & Beet Hummus
- Roasted Paprika Healthy Hummus
- Low-Calorie Paprika Hummus + Raw Veggies
- Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus & Roasted Potatoes
- For Dogs: Easy Healthy Vegan Pupcakes (Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes Frosted w/ Dog-Friendly Hummus)
You can also find an amazing recipe for Pumpkin Hummus, Halloween themed, called SPIDERWEB PUMPKIN HUMMUS in both our Halloween e-book & our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here’s a pic:
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Exquisite Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 450 g red bell peppers, cut in half, stems, seeds and membranes removed. Roasted. Reserve a small piece for topping, chopped
- 690 g boiled chickpeas, skins removed
- 6 tbsp tahini, good quality tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced & soaked in the lemon juice for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp cumin, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 ice cubes
- 3/4 tsp chili powder, optionally, for spicy version
- Preheat the oven to 235ºC/450ºF.
- Cut the red bell peppers in half and remove the stems, seeds and membranes.
- Place cut side down on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the skins are dark.
- Let them cool to room temperature and peel the skins off. Reserve a small piece for topping, chopped. Discard the skins.
- Make sure you remove the chickpeas' skin, as this will make the biggest difference when it comes to achieving the perfect silky-smooth hummus texture. Don't skip!
- Soak the minced garlic in the freshly squeezed lemon juice for 10 minutes. This will also make a huge difference in flavour as the garlic will lose its harsh taste and mellow out.
- In a food processor, combine the skinless chickpeas, roasted and skinned red peppers, tahini, garlic and lemon mixture, freshly ground cumin, unsweetened soy milk, and sea salt, and process until the mixture is smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides.
- Now taste the hummus and add any extra seasoning if desired. Stir in the ice cubes and process again until the mixture looks silky-smooth, pale, and very creamy.
- Add the chili powder now for the spicy version. Totally recommended!
- Scrape the hummus into a plate and use a spoon to create nice swooshes on top.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and top with a sprinkle of paprika powder and extra chopped roasted red pepper. Enjoy, you're going to love our Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe!
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.