So Delicious Gluten-Free & Vegan Key Lime Pie Mousse that is ethereal, light as air, fluffy, rich, and creamy. Freshly squeezed lime juice, lime zest, cashews, and nutritional yeast are what gives this mousse such an amazing flavour. The mousse is perfectly complemented by a healthy crust that really bumps up the flavour and compliments the mousse so beautifully. So yummy, sweet, slightly tangy, and delicate! This decadent dessert will fascinate you! Have this delicious dessert for the Midsummer celebration as a light and sweet ending after enjoying our Exquisite Gluten-Free & Vegan Salmon Fillets with our Easy Delicious Vegan Hollandaise Sauce.
Vegan Key Lime Pie Mousse… decadent, smooth, and creamy melt-in-your-mouth delicious. It has a perfect flavour component of tart along with the sweet. Refreshing and not heavy at all, an ideal dessert during the warm summer months but it also makes a delicious light ending to hearty winter meals.
Just a few ingredients make the silkiest and most delicate sweet lime mousse. You will love this recipe!
So quick, ready in less than half an hour! Prepare yourself for an incredibly delicious treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, Midsummer, or any day really! Everyone will love it! Egg-free, fuss-free yet insanely creamy and yummy, this is The Most Delicious Gluten-Free & Vegan Key Lime Pie Mousse you’ll ever have!
This dessert is ideal for family celebrations and parties since it allows you to prepare it in advance and reserve it in the refrigerator. All your guests will love it!
Tangy and sweet, this Vegan Lime Mousse will impress every one of your guests!
This recipe is so easy to make! Vegan mousse is made with aquafaba instead of egg whites. Aquafaba is the liquid you find inside a can of boiled chickpeas. You can also get aquafaba after boiling your own chickpeas, but I don’t recommend doing that for this recipe. Stick to the aquafaba inside a can of salt-free boiled chickpeas. Aquafaba contains a protein that mimics perfectly egg whites in different recipes, like our Egg-Free Vegan Meringue (recipe found in our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“: Light, airy, and perfectly sweet Egg-Less Meringue that you’re going to love. Here you can see a pic:
Looking for more vegan mousse recipes?
- The Most Delightful Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse
- Fluffy Refreshing Vegan Lemon Mousse
- The Best Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse
- The Best Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
- Easy Rich Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
If you liked this recipe for Delicious Gluten-Free & Vegan Key Lime Pie Mousse, check out our The Best Vegan White Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Easy Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, our Creamy Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse, our Alcohol-Free Easy Vegan Tiramisu, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Popcorn Cake, our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie, our Luscious Vegan Forest Fruit Pie, or the rest of our Sweets recipes and Gluten-Free Recipes.
Delicious Gluten-Free & Vegan Key Lime Pie Mousse
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- A pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 lime peel strips
- 4 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup creamy oat milk
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup aquafaba, the liquid inside a can of salt-free chickpeas. Essential ingredient to achieving the airy consistency, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar, essential ingredient to achieve the airy consistency
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, rolled oats, Himalayan pink salt, pitted Medjool dates, and agave syrup, and process until the mixture resembles loose crumbs.
- Cover the bottom of the serving glasses with the crust.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, nutritional yeast, lime juice, lime peel strips, creamy oat milk, cornstarch, and icing sugar, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer again over medium heat, stirring for a few minutes, until the mixture has thickened. Let simmer until it becomes thick and creamy, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to get to room temperature. This is a very important step!
- Once the lime mixture is at room temperature, place the aquafaba and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer with beaters, whip on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until white and glossy stiff peaks form. Make sure you have achieved stiff peaks. The best way to do so is by inverting the bowl with the whipped aquafaba. If it slides down at all, you need to keep whipping until it doesn't move at all. Stir in the granulated sugar, while whipping at high speed. Keep whipping for 10-15 more minutes until it gets thicker and looks completely smooth (without any sugar pieces left).
- Now whip the lime mixture inside the saucepan until it's completely smooth and creamy.
- Gently and gradually fold the lime mixture from the saucepan inside the bowl. Use a silicone spatula and a gentle folding motion. Don't whip them together, only use a silicone spatula!
- Place the lime mousse in the glasses on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate for a few hours (around 4 hours), or until the mousse has set. Serve chilled, topped with fresh mint leaves, lime slices, and lime zest, and enjoy this fancy and delicious dessert!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 2 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This is my new go-to dessert. It’s simple and so absolutely delicious! So very rich and fruity, my family loved it!