Mango and passion fruit are a match made in tropical heaven. We are obsessed with this combo and that’s why we needed to create a Vegan Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream for the blog. So so creamy and paired with an insanely delicious homemade and easy passion fruit syrup. This is the perfect tropical dessert to enjoy during hot summer days or all year round like we do!
With the perfect balance of tangy and sweet, you will certainly love this Vegan Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream. So so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals! PERFECTION!
We already have a “PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM” recipe in our cookbook & e-book on page 227, right next to our ice cream star recipe “BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY JAM“. We recommend you to try these both, as they are insanely delicious. Here you can see pics of them:
Passiflora edulis, commonly known as passion fruit, is a vine species of passion flower native to southern Brazil through Paraguay and northern Argentina. It’s a very popular fruit throughout South America, Australia, and New Zealand, but less so in Europe and North America. And honestly, we are missing out!
The first time we tried passion fruit was when we used to live in Singapore and since the day we tried it we could not stop eating it and experimenting in the kitchen with it. It’s just incredibly delicious on its own and even more so when paired with the right ingredients. Like mango, passion fruit and mango really work together like a charm! Insanely delicious, no one can resist!
If you’re interested in more passion fruit desserts, we highly recommend you to try The Most Delightful Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse. Rich and creamy Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse that is ethereal, light as air, fluffy, and flavoured with fresh passion fruits. So yummy, sweet, slightly tangy, and delicate! This decadent dessert will fascinate you! Here you can see a picture of it:
If you enjoyed this Vegan Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream and you’re interested in more vegan ice cream recipes, have a look at the following:
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream with Red Velvet Brownies
- The Best Vegan Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Rosemary Infused Vegan Ice Cream with Blueberry Sauce
- Vegan Basil Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce
- Vegan Vanilla Nicecream with Peanut Butter Made of Only Whole Foods
Or check out the rest of our Desserts & Sweets here.
You can also find an entire chapter on “DESSERTS & TREATS” in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, chapter 6, page 229. You can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
This is a churned ice cream recipe. We haven’t made it no-churn, so if you don’t have an ice cream maker, we can’t guarantee the same creamy results with no ice crystals. Please, if you decided to make it without using an ice cream maker, let us know how it turned out in the comments.
So Creamy Vegan Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 6 passion fruits, extract the pulp
- 250 g fresh mango chunks, ripe
- 400 ml coconut cream, canned
- 1 1/2 cups creamy oat milk, Oatly Barista
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp dark rum, don't skip, it's essential to avoid ice crystals from forming
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
Easy Passion Fruit Syrup
- 1/2 cup passion fruit pulp
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- Add the full-fat coconut cream, creamy oat milk, raw sugar, and agave syrup to a saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the passion fruit pulp, fresh ripe mango chunks, the milk and sugar hot mixture, canola oil, guar gum, dark rum, sea salt, vanilla extract, orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blend back into the saucepan and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 5 hours. We prefer to chill it overnight.
- Pour the chilled blend into an ice cream maker and churn, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Scoop the ice cream directly from the ice cream maker and top it with a few tablespoons of passion fruit syrup!
- Or place into a loaf mould, smooth the top using a silicone spatula, and cover tightly with cling film before placing it in the freezer to set.
- Freeze for a few hours before serving the ice cream.
- Enjoy this super creamy and delicious vegan ice cream along with a few tablespoons of passion fruit syrup!
- If the ice cream has been stored in the freezer, you might have to let it soften at
room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes approximately before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.