These Vegan Low-Calorie Mango & Passion Fruit Mojitos will make you feel like you’re in a tropical paradise instantaneously! They taste like a dream, like the drink you wanna be drinking all summer long! With the perfect balance of tangy and sweet, you will certainly fall in love with these! They are also sugar-free, as they only contain the sugar that’s already present in the fruit and the alcohol!
So fresh and sweet, this drink is summer in a glass! Low in calories, this drink only has 194 kcal, 29% of the dietary fibre and 90% of the vitamin C that you need in a day (based on a 2000kcal per day diet). See more detailed nutrition facts below.
Serve these delicious mojitos along with our Crispy Crunchy Delicious Vegan Salted Caramel Popcorn. The perfect combo!
You need to also try The Best Vegan & Low-Calorie Peach Mojitos as they are so incredibly delicious!
The secret for this drink to be much better than all the others is using fresh ripe passion fruits and mango. That’s the key to perfection! Forget about weird concentrates and syrups. Here we use the real deal!
And why add Cointreau? We find that adding Cointreau intensifies the amazing flavour of this drink and takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
It’s also very important that you place the fresh mint leaves in one hand and gently smack them with the other hand right before you add them to the mix. This will slightly warm up the mint and start releasing its essential oils, therefore upping its aroma.
You also should be using freshly squeezed lime juice, it makes all the difference!
Passiflora edulis, commonly known as passion fruit, is a vine species of passion flower native to southern Brazil through Paraguay and northern Argentina. It’s a very popular fruit throughout South America, Australia, and New Zealand, but less so in Europe and North America. And honestly, we are missing out!
The first time we tried passion fruit was when we used to live in Singapore and since the day we tried it we could not stop eating it and experimenting in the kitchen with it. It’s just incredibly delicious on its own and even more so when paired with the right ingredients. Like mango, passion fruit and mango really work together like a charm! Insanely delicious, no one can resist!
If you liked this Mango & Passion Fruit Mojitos and and are interested in more recipes with passion fruit, we highly recommend you to try these:
- The Most Delightful Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse. Rich and creamy Vegan Passion Fruit Mousse that is ethereal, light as air, fluffy, and flavoured with fresh passion fruits. So yummy, sweet, slightly tangy, and delicate! This decadent dessert will fascinate you!
- So Creamy Vegan Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream. Mango and passion fruit are a match made in tropical heaven. We are obsessed with this combo and that’s why we needed to create a Vegan Passion Fruit & Mango Ice Cream for the blog. So so creamy and paired with an insanely delicious homemade easy passion fruit syrup. This is the perfect tropical dessert to enjoy during hot summer days or all year round like we do! With the perfect balance of tangy and sweet, you will certainly love this vegan ice cream. So so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals! PERFECTION!
You can also find a “PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM” recipe in our cookbook & e-book on page 227, right next to our ice cream star recipe “BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY JAM“. We recommend you to try these both, as they are insanely delicious.
If you liked this recipe for Mango & Passion Fruit Mojitos, check out our Easy & Quick Vegan Whiskey Eggnog, our Vegan Irish Cream Liqueur, our Italian Basil & Strawberry Mojitos, and all the amazing cocktails and drinks included in our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, Chapter “DRINKS O’CLOCK” including:
- LEMON CHAMPAGNE SORBET
- LEMON DELIGHT
- JELLY WATERMELON SHOTS
- HIBISCUSPOLITAN COCKTAILS
- IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR
- IRISH PUMPKIN SPICED LIQUEUR
- WHITE RUSSIAN
- WHISKEY SOUR
So refreshing and delicious, you’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, Amazon, and many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Vegan Low-Calorie Mango & Passion Fruit Mojitos
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the quartered lime, smacked fresh mint, passion fruit pulp, and cubed mango. Using a mortar and pestle, crush it all until all the lime juice has been extracted and the mango and passion fruit look half crushed.
- Stir in the white rum and Cointreau and give it a stir.
- Add in the seven up free and combine well.
- Fill serving glasses with crushed ice and, with a ladle, pour the drink over the ice.
- Gently stir the drinks, garnish with 1/2 a passion fruit and a few mint leaves each.
- Serve immediately and enjoy these delicious drinks!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.