This Vegan Olivier Salad aka Vegan Russian Salad is so fresh, creamy, delicious, and full of flavour. Perfect to enjoy for Easter, Midsummer, and during the warmer months, but honestly just as good all year round! It’s ready in half an hour and you only need 7 ingredients to make it. The perfect starter or side dish to enjoy along with your favourite mains. It’s also amazing to enjoy in a sandwich along with The Best Vegan Tuna (Gluten-Free & Healthy).
Although Olivier Salad is a traditional Russian dish, it is also very popular in Spain (where I’m originally from), being one of the most popular “tapas” served at bars along with Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish potato omelette).
This is our vegan version of the vegan Olivier salad that’s made in Spain. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
This was one of my favourite childhood dishes, so when I went vegan my mum worked hard to veganize it for me so I could enjoy it again. I honestly can barely tell the difference, and in both our opinions, this one is even better. It’s cholesterol-free and much healthier.
This dish is made using our Vegan Mayonnaise. We have a recipe for a Low-Calorie & Healthy Cashew Vegan Mayonnaise in case you’re interested in making this recipe very healthy. You can also use store-bought vegan mayonnaise. We have tried using the brand Hellmann’s and personally love the results!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad. You’ll love it!
One 210 g serving contains 253.9 kcal, 9% of the protein, 52% of the vitamin A, 66% of the vitamin C, and 18% of the dietary fibre recommended to ingest daily (based on a 2000 kcal per day diet). See more detailed nutrition facts below.
Made with very simple ingredients, and yet so satisfying and fresh, you’ll love it!
If you liked our recipe, check out the rest of our Sides and our Salads.
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Vegan Olivier Salad -Vegan Russian Salad
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1.5 kg potatoes, boiled until tender
- 2 large carrots, boiled until tender
- 1 cup frozen green peas, boiled for 20 minutes
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 canned roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives filled with red pepper, seedless, sliced
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise, or more if desired
- In a large pot, add the potatoes and carrots and cover them with water. Bring the pot to a boil and boil them until tender, for about 30-40 minutes.
- In a small pot, add the frozen green peas, cover them with water, and bring to a boil. Boil them for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Once tender, rinse the potatoes and carrots with cold water before peeling them.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes and the carrots inside a large serving container (a baking pan will work).
- Squeeze a fresh lemon on top of the mashed mixture and sprinkle with sea salt to taste. Mix well.
- Stir in the green peas, chopped canned roasted red peppers, sliced green olives filled with red pepper, and vegan mayonnaise. Garnish the salad with more sliced green olives.
- Cover the container and store it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before consuming.
- Although we recommend letting it refrigerate overnight for the best results! Enjoy, it's delicious!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This is the best vegan Russian salad we have had. We made your vegan gf tuna recipe as well and mixed them both. SO FLAVORFUL! Thank you guys🙏
This is such an easy recipe, it tastes so comforting and delicious. Highly addictive stuff!