This insanely delicious Creamy Vegan Zucchini Cheese Soup is going to become your new obsession. You won’t believe how flavourful and cheesy it is! Full of flavour, so creamy and smooth, and soooo cheesy, yet super nutritious and low in calories. This soup is filling and immensely satisfying!
So quick and easy to make, ready in less than an hour, and it only requires 8 ingredients (not counting the salt and the pepper)!
You can enjoy this soup both served hot or cold. It’s delicious either way! This means that this soup is just as perfect to enjoy on cold days as on hot summer days. That’s what we call PERFECTION!
Crazy delicious, gluten-free, and can be made WFPB by simply skipping the extra virgin olive oil (although we recommend adding it for the best flavour experience).
At first, I thought the idea of a zucchini soup sounded meh but oh boy was I wrong! This soup is entirely my mum’s creation which she made for us these days, as she has been staying with us for a few weeks this summer. When we tried it and saw how incredibly yummy it is, we knew we had to share the recipe with all of you! You can thank us later!
Get ready for your new healthy addiction! This super simple recipe requires minimal preparation and will impress vegans and non-vegans alike. No one will believe this soup doesn’t contain any dairy at all! It tastes like liquid cheese, so good!
This soup only requires 1 pot and an immersion blender!
If you liked this recipe for Creamy Vegan Zucchini Cheese Soup, check out our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, our So Delicious & Healthy Lentil Loaf made Entirely of Whole Foods, our Homemade Celebration Seitan Roast, our Mushroom Vegan Soup (Quick & Easy), our One Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Sage&Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin, our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin, our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, and our The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Creamy Vegan Zucchini Cheese Soup (8 ingredients!)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, skip the oil if WFPB
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 3 large zucchinis, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large potatoes, or 4 small, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 5 cups water, or water until all veggies are covered
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/3 cup (heaped) cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, stir in the chopped red onion and sauté until transparent.
- Stir in the roughly chopped zucchinis, potatoes, and carrots, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Add in the vegetable broth cube and water until all the veggies are covered.
- Stir in the miso paste and cashews.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low boil, and let it simmer for 30 minutes, half-covered with the lid.
- After 30 minutes have passed, stir in the nutritional yeast, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Let simmer for 1 extra minute and turn off the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup inside the pot, until smooth and creamy.
- Cover the pot and let rest for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat a tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil. Stir in the zucchini slices and sear on both sides until nice and golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, and add the cubed bread, oregano, dill, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Fry on all sides until golden, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with homemade croutons, seared zucchini slices, and thinly sliced green onion. Enjoy, it's extremely satisfying and delicious!
- You can enjoy this soup both served hot or cold. It's delicious either way!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 4 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.