This insanely flavourful Creamy Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Cheese Soup tastes too good to be true! So delicious and cheesy, full of flavour, so creamy and smooth, super nutritious and low in calories. This soup is also filling and immensely satisfying! Perfect for autumn chilly days!
Quick and easy to make, it only requires 10 ingredients (not counting the salt and the pepper)!
One of the secrets for this soup to be so incredibly flavourful is to roast the pumpkin to perfection before adding it to the soup. The other secret is the addition of a combination of cashews and nutritional yeast. This gives it a cheese flavour that you’ll believe you’re eating a soup that actually contains cheese! This creamy soup it’s pretty pretty tasty!
If you’re interested in another soup recipe that you will surely love, you need to check out our Creamy Vegan Zucchini Cheese Soup (8 ingredients!). Here you can see it:
Crazy delicious, gluten-free, and can be made WFPB by simply skipping the extra virgin olive oil (although we recommend adding it for the best flavour experience).
Get ready for your new healthy addiction! This super simple recipe will impress vegans and non-vegans alike! So incredibly flavourful and savoury. Yum!
This Vegan roasted pumpkin soup will be a perfect addition to your holiday table all throughout autumn and winter.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Cheese Soup, check out our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, our So Delicious & Healthy Lentil Loaf made Entirely of Whole Foods, our Homemade Celebration Seitan Roast, our Mushroom Vegan Soup (Quick & Easy), our One Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Sage&Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin, our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin, our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, and our The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Creamy Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Cheese Soup
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 large 1,5 kg pumpkin, cut in half lenghtwise
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, skip the oil if WFPB
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/3 cup (heaped) cashews
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise, sprinkle salt all over it, and place skin up on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake at 400ºF/200ºC until it's golden and feels soft to the touch, about 30-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, stir in the chopped red onion and sauté until transparent.
- Stir in the roughly chopped parsnips, and potatoes, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Add in the vegetable broth cube and water.
- Stir in the miso paste and cashews.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low boil, and let it simmer for 30 minutes, half-covered with the lid.
- Remove the peel from the cooled roasted pumpkin halves.
- After 30 minutes have passed, stir in the roasted pumpkin, nutritional yeast, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Let simmer for 5 extra minutes and turn off the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup inside the pot, until smooth and creamy.
- Cover the pot and let rest for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, and add the cubed bread, oregano, dill, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Fry on all sides until golden, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with homemade croutons, a drizzle of vegan unsweetened soy yoghurt, and thinly sliced green onion. Enjoy, it's extremely satisfying and delicious!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 4 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.