Our Vegan Tofu Ricotta Cheese is so flavourful, cheesy, and delicious, yet healthy, nutritious, and low in calories! It’s also made in less than 5 minutes! It’s seriously THE BEST Vegan Tofu Ricotta Cheese that exists! And that is thanks to 2 essential ingredients. The first one is nutritional yeast (which provides that cheesy flavour goodness) and the second is vegan lactic acid powder, which adds a tangy flavour that tastes so close to dairy cheese! You need to try this vegan ricotta in our Vegan Zucchini Lasagna Rolls w/ Chorizo & Ricotta recipe. Absolutely delicious, you won’t be able to stop eating, yet so low in calories!
Do not skip the vegan lactic acid powder because it really is a game-changer when it comes to making vegan cheeses! Try The Best Vegan Mac&Cheese in the World, a recipe that also contains vegan lactic acid powder. You’ll love it!
Made with only 5 ingredients (without counting the salt and the pepper!), it couldn’t be easier or quicker to make!
This vegan tofu ricotta can be used anywhere traditional ricotta is used!
If you’re interested in more Vegan Cheese & Cold Cuts Recipes, check these out:
- Vegan Serrano Cured Ham or Spanish Vegan Jamón Serrano
- Vegan Baked Brie en Croûte with Lingonberry Jam
- 3-Ingredient Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham
- Quick & Easy Vegan GF Homemade Mortadella
- The Best Homemade Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Quick & Easy Vegan GF Tofu Bacon
- Vegan GF Tempeh Bacon
We also have an entire chapter in our cookbook & e-book called “DAIRY IS SCARY” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
In this chapter we have all the following recipes:
- SOY MYLK
- COFFEE CREAMER
- HAZELNUT MYLK
- ALMOND CREAMER
- OAT MYLK
- CASHEW YOGHURT
- SOY ‘GURT
- CHEEZY SPREAD
- CASHEW CULTURED CHEEZE
- AGED SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHEEZE
- ROASTED HAZELNUT CHEEZE
- ALMOND BAKED CHEEZE
- FETA STYLE CHEEZE
- “VUFFALO” MOZZARELLA
- BLOCK-STYLE VOZZARELLA
- CHEDDAR PAPRIKA CHEEZE
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop.
The Best Vegan Tofu Ricotta Cheese in 5 Minutes!
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 480 g firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 3/4 tsp vegan lactic acid powder, don't skip this ingredient, it makes all the difference!
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, don't skip, this is an essential ingredient!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Optional garlic powder, we don't add but feel free to do so if you'd like it!
- In a food processor, combine the pressed and drained firm tofu, vegan lactic acid powder, fresh basil, nutritional yeast, extra-virgin olive oil, water, sea salt, black pepper, and optional garlic powder, and process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- If it's too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time as needed until reaching your desired consistency. Try the mixture and adjust seasoning according to your own taste.
- Serve in your favourite dishes and enjoy this super yummy and healthy tofu ricotta!
- You need to try this vegan ricotta in our Vegan Zucchini Lasagna Rolls w/ Chorizo & Ricotta recipe. Absolutely delicious, you won't be able to stop eating, yet so low in calories!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed, container, for up to 4 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.