This recipe is a keeper, believe us, you’re going to absolutely love it! Low in calories, low carb, super healthy, vegan, gluten-free, absolutely delicious, plant protein-rich, excellent Vegan Zucchini Lasagna Rolls filled with the most delicious combination of Vegan GF Chorizo & Vegan Tofu Ricotta and baked to perfection swimming in super flavourful tomato sauce.
These look so fancy yet they are so easy to make! We love serving them to impress our guests. Although we love them just as much for making them even on weekdays! Just make sure to have your Vegan GF Chorizo & Vegan Tofu Ricotta ready so you can roll these up real fast!
They are incredibly flavourful, rich, and indulgent, you won’t believe how healthy they are! This recipe is just incredible!
Apart from being low-calorie, these Vegan Zucchini Lasagna Rolls w/ Chorizo & Ricotta are nutrient-dense, as one 500 g portion only has 298.3 kcal, 42% of the protein, 33% of the dietary fibre, 14% of the vitamin A, 46% of the vitamin C, 39% of the calcium, 32% of the iron and 44% of the vitamin B12 (if using B12 enriched nutritional yeast) recommended to ingest on a 2000 kcal per day diet. See more detailed nutrition facts below.
If you liked our Vegan Zucchini Lasagna Rolls w/ Chorizo & Ricotta and are into more Italian-inspired dishes like we do, you need to check out some recipes from our cookbook that you’re going to LOVE. Here is a list of them:
- Our amazing recipe of Ravioli al Formaggio. Cheese-filled ravioli used to be one of our favourite dishes while growing up. That’s why when we went vegan, we became obsessed with veganizing this dish. Believe us, you’re going to love our creation. Homemade made from scratch vegan ravioli, filled with the most delicious and creamiest vegan cultured cream cheese, made with cashews and probiotics. Served with a super creamy, delicious, and oil-free homemade sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Our insanely delicious Pesto Lumaconi. Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Lumaconi is the perfect recipe to make for a special celebration or romantic dinner. Fancy, creamy, super delicious, and full of flavour, and yet so easy to make! Served with our Champagne Lemon Sorbet for the best evening ever!
- The Best Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, where we show you how to make the best pizza from scratch and the most delicious vegan pepperoni you’re ever going to try, also from scratch! The key to achieving the best pizza dough is the overnight fermentation. You end up with a golden, beautiful crust with the perfect amount of crunch and subtle yeasty undertones. Totally worth it! And as far as oven temperatures go – we have great results at 482ºF/250ºC and using a pizza stone (it makes a huge difference!).
- So juicy Hot Italian Sausages. If you used to love Italian style sausages, then you will love these insanely meaty and juicy vegan sausages. They are so delicious and have that spicy touch. But if you don’t like them spicy, don’t worry, simply skip the red pepper flakes! We promise you these will be the very best vegan Italian sausages you will ever have!
- Thyme & Rosemary Vegan Chicken Cutlets. This is the best Vegan Chicken that you will ever try! Completely made from scratch, the texture and flavours are just perfect, and the recipe is so easy. Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little of extra-virgin olive oil take this succulent seitan chicken cutlets recipe to a whole new level.
- Vegan Caesar Salad & Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Vegan Mortadella
- Avocado Pesto & Walnut Pesto
- 4 different Vegan Cheese Sauces
- 9 different kinds of Vegan Cheeses, 4 of them Cultured with probiotics, 5-minute super melty vegan Mozzarella & Cheddar block-style cheeses, etc.
- The Best Tiramisu Cake you’re ever going to try. It’s just like the traditional Italian dessert, only in layer cake form and vegan. Rather than using ladyfingers, we are baking three layers of a light, fluffy sponge cake. The sponge is cooled and then soaked in a rich coffee syrup. The frosting is light and fluffy, yet rich at the same time. It’s made with homemade vegan mascarpone, folded together with vegan whipped cream, and a bit of cacao powder. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
- Insanely yummy Vegan Raffaello, which we call RAFFAELLA. If you used to love Raffaelo, you will absolutely adore our vegan version. With only 6 ingredients, so rich and creamy, perfectly sweet, naturally gluten-free and grain-free, they are so addictive!
- The most delicious Vegan Basil Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce (find this recipe also on the blog! Click here). Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
- And many more!
Here you can see the photos of these delicious dishes from our cookbook:
ALL these recipes can be found in our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Zucchini Lasagna Rolls w/ Chorizo
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 3 zucchinis, trimmed and sliced with a cheese slicer into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 recipe The Best Vegan Tofu Ricotta Cheese in 5 Minutes!
- 1/2 recipe The Best Vegan GF Chorizo Crumbs
- 700 g tomato passata
- 600 g crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp chili powder, or more to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 cup 5 min Vegan Block-Style Mozzarella Cheese, shredded. Find the recipe inour cookbook & e-book
- Fresh basil
- Make sure to have The Best Vegan Tofu Ricotta Cheese in 5 Minutes and The Best Vegan GF Chorizo Crumbs ready before starting this recipe!
- Line a plate with paper towels. Lay zucchini slices flat in a single layer onto the paper towels. Sprinkle each side with salt and let stand for 5 minutes. This will help them soften and help roll them up easier.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato passata, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, chili powder, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour the tomato sauce mixture onto the bottom of an oven-proof skillet or a large baking pan.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of vegan ricotta mixture evenly on each zucchini slice; Top up with another tablespoon or 2 of vegan chorizo and sprinkle with some vegan mozzarella cheese. Roll up and use a toothpick to seal in place. Place the roll in the prepared skillet (like in the photos).
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices and filling. Once all the zucchini rolls are in the skillet, top them with extra shredded vegan mozzarella.
- Spray the zucchini rolls with some extra-virgin olive oil to ensure the surfaces don't burn in the oven.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and golden, the tomato sauce is bubbling, and the cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil and serve immediately. Enjoy, these zucchini rolls are insanely delicious!
- Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered with aluminium foil, for up to 5 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.