These Vegan GF Gnocchi with Mozzarella Sauce & Bacon are so easy to make, so so cheesy and flavourful and make such a scrumptious and satisfying meal. Perfect for both weekdays and special occasions. Everyone will love this dish! The combination of homemade gnocchi, insanely cheesy vegan mozzarella sauce, and the best vegan bacon you’ll find is just TOO TASTY!!!
Made with The Best Homemade Vegan & Gluten-Free Gnocchi: Super simple and flavourful, these Vegan & GF Gnocchi are the best ones you’ll ever have! So pillowy soft and delicious, easy to make, and they only require 5 ingredients (plus salt and water).
This is The Best Vegan Mozzarella Sauce EVER! Incredibly cheesy, gooey, melty, stretchy, umami, … SO GOOD! It’s also extremely easy and quick to make, ready in less than 15 minutes! It’s also perfect on Vegan Chili Cheese Fries, Vegan mac&cheese, lasagna, pizza, cannelloni, etc. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe is based on a recipe from our cookbook & e-book found in chapter 4 “On the side”. The recipe is called “Gooey Mozzarella Sauce” on page 148, and it is slightly modified. In this chapter, we provide 5 different types of vegan cheese sauces, one of them being Vegan Blue Cheese Sauce (one of our most famous recipes because it tastes exactly like traditional blue cheese sauce!). We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
Now let’s talk about the most important ingredient on this Vegan & GF Gnocchi … That is the VEGAN BACON! You need to check out the best Vegan Bacon recipe you could ever find, our Seitan Bac’n from our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, recipe found on chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY” on page 104. Here you can see some photos accompanied by our incredibly delicious Vegan Fried Egg (recipe also found in our book):
In our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, you can also find a recipe for vegan bacon that is so quick, gluten-free and so good! It’s called “BAKE-ON” and it’s bacon made of tofu, seasoned with all the right ingredients so it tastes like bacon! It’s on page 98 of the same chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. Here you can see a picture with our famous super creamy and cheesy “Wheels&Cheeze” (recipe also found in our book):
You can also use your favourite store-bought vegan and gluten-free bacon if you’d like!
If you’re into more Italian inspired dishes like we are, you need to check out some recipes from our cookbook that you’re going to LOVE. Here is a list of them:
- Our amazing recipe of Ravioli al Formaggio. Cheese-filled ravioli used to be one of our favourite dishes while growing up. That’s why when we went vegan, we became obsessed with veganizing this dish. Believe us, you’re going to love our creation. Homemade made from scratch vegan ravioli, filled with the most delicious and creamiest vegan cultured cream cheese, made with cashews and probiotics. Served with a super creamy, delicious, and oil-free homemade sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Our insanely delicious Pesto Lumaconi. Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Lumaconi is the perfect recipe to make for a special celebration or romantic dinner. Fancy, creamy, super delicious, and full of flavour, and yet so easy to make! Served with our Champagne Lemon Sorbet for the best evening ever!
- The Best Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, where we show you how to make the best pizza from scratch and the most delicious vegan pepperoni you’re ever going to try, also from scratch! The key to achieve the best pizza dough is the overnight fermentation. You end up with a golden, beautiful crust with the perfect amount of crunch and subtle yeasty undertones. Totally worth it! And as far as oven temperatures go – we have great results at 482ºF/250ºC and using a pizza stone (it makes a huge difference!).
- So juicy Hot Italian Sausages. If you used to love Italian style sausages, then you will love these insanely meaty and juicy vegan sausages. They are so delicious and have that spicy touch. But if you don’t like them spicy, don’t worry, simply skip the red pepper flakes! We promise you these will be the very best vegan Italian sausages you will ever have!
- Thyme & Rosemary Vegan Chicken Cutlets. This is the best Vegan Chicken that you will ever try! Completely made from scratch, the texture and flavours are just perfect, and the recipe is so easy. Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little of extra-virgin olive oil take this succulent seitan chicken cutlets recipe to a whole new level.
- Vegan Caesar Salad & Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Vegan Mortadella
- Avocado Pesto & Walnut Pesto
- 4 different Vegan Cheese Sauces
- 9 different kinds of Vegan Cheeses, 4 of them Cultured with probiotics, 5-minute super melty vegan Mozzarella & Cheddar block-style cheeses, etc.
- The Best Tiramisu Cake you’re ever going to try. It’s just like the traditional Italian dessert, only in layer cake form and vegan. Rather than using ladyfingers, we are baking three layers of a light, fluffy sponge cake. The sponge is cooled and then soaked in a rich coffee syrup. The frosting is light and fluffy, yet rich at the same time. It’s made with homemade vegan mascarpone, folded together with vegan whipped cream, and a bit of cacao powder. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
- Insanely yummy Vegan Raffaello, which we call RAFFAELLA. If you used to love Raffaelo, you will absolutely adore our vegan version. With only 6 ingredients, so rich and creamy, perfectly sweet, naturally gluten-free and grain-free, they are so addictive!
- The most delicious Vegan Basil Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce (find this recipe also on the blog! Click here). Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
- And many more!
Here you can see the photos of these delicious dishes from our cookbook:
ALL these recipes can be found in our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
If you liked these Vegan GF Gnocchi with Mozzarella Sauce & Bacon, check out The Best Ever Texas Style Vegan Chili, our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, our So Delicious & Healthy Lentil Loaf made Entirely of Whole Foods, our Homemade Celebration Seitan Roast, our Mushroom Vegan Soup (Quick & Easy), our One-Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Sage&Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin, our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin, our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, and our The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips. You’ll love them all!
Vegan GF Gnocchi with Mozzarella Sauce & Bacon
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, melted coconut oil, vegan lactic acid powder, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, sea salt, and water, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blend into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, over medium-high heat, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Now the mozzarrella sauce is ready!
Vegan GF Gnocchi with Mozzarella Sauce & Bacon
- Heat a non-stick large skillet with 1-2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil and sauté the already boiled gnocchi until they look golden on all sides.
- Stir in your desired amount of Vegan Mozzarella Sauce and fried bacon pieces, and give it a good stir.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh parsley or basil and enjoy this insanely delicious dish!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.