You need to try these Easy Delicious GF Vegan Dumplings in 30 Minutes!!! They are delightful, so delicate in flavour, with such a yummy filling, and a homemade Sesame Yoghurt Dipping Sauce that you’re going to love too 🙂 A little sweet, a little spicy, hinted with sesame, garlic, and ginger. This step-by-step recipe will show you the way to perfect quick & easy dumplings in under 30 minutes!
If you’re interested in more recipes for (GF) Vegan Dumplings, we have 2, one on our website, Vegan & Gluten-Free Dim Sum Dumplings and the other in our cookbook & ebook. Insanely good Vegan Baozi Shiitake Buns (steamed buns), using active-dry yeast to make them so so FLUFFY. This is definitely one of our best creations! Here you can see a photo of them:
Tofu is one of our favourite ingredients because it’s extremely versatile, it’s loaded with vegan protein, and it’s naturally gluten-free! Tofu makes for a versatile blank canvas that can handle any flavours you’re in the mood for. If you think that you hate tofu, it’s because you’ve been cooking it wrong. I guarantee that you’re going to love this recipe!
The key to good tofu lies in how it’s prepared. You can fry it, marinate it, add it to curries and soups, turn it into a dessert or turn it into a delicious scramble, just to name a few examples. Here are some examples of recipes of ours that will make you love tofu:
- The Best OIl-Free Umami Crispy Tofu Bites
- Easy Yummy GF Vegan Tofu Bacon
- Vegan GF Chorizo Bits
- Exquisite GF Vegan Salmon Fillets
- Vegan GF Zucchini Lasagna Rolls with Chorizo & Ricotta
- The Best Vegan Tofu Ricotta in 5 Minutes!
- Vegan Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble
- Trash Can Vegan Nachos
- The Best Ever Vegan Chili con Carne
- The Best Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle
- Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites
- The Best Ever Texas Style Vegan Chili
- The Best Gluten-Free & Vegan Fish & Chips
- Amazing Vegan Swedish Meatballs
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Dim Sum Dumplings
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Coconut Bacon
- Easy Low-Calorie Vegan Pasta Carbonara (Whole Food, Oil-Free)
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Easy Delicious GF Vegan Dumplings in 30 Min
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the green onion, and cook until fragrant, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tofu and ginger, and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add the soy sauce, white pepper, raw sugar, and sea salt, and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the heat, stir in cornstarch, and let cool.
Sesame Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, and black pepper. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add to a drizzle bottle for easy pouring.
ASSEMBLING AND STEAMING THE DUMPLINGS
- Moisten the outer edges of the wrappers with water, using your fingers.
- Place ~2 tsp of filling in the centre of each wrapper.
- Pleat them into your preferred shape (I show you how I did it in the video).
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel to keep them from drying out.
- Now you’re going to need perforated paper liners. This is just parchment paper with holes in it. It’s used to line the base of steamers to stop food from sticking to the base whilst still allowing steam to rise from the simmering water underneath to cook the food.
How to make your own perforated paper liners
- Get a piece of parchment paper and fold in half; Fold into quarters; Then continue folding twice more until you have a fairly thin triangle; Hold over the cooking vessel with a pointy end lined up in the middle; Snip the end off – this will make it round and fit the steamer; Cut little triangles along the edge about 2.5cm/1″ apart – these will be the holes; Do this all down the folded edge, and snip the pointy end off; Unfold and place in a bamboo steamer. Done!
ASSEMBLING AND STEAMING THE DUMPLINGS CONTINUATION
- Place a perforated paper lined-bamboo steamer over a large skillet filled with cold water, making sure the steaming rack is at least 1 ½ inches above the water so the boiling water doesn’t touch the dumplings during the cooking process. Carefully place them inside the lined steamer, with at least 1 cm of clearance on all sides, cover with the lid, and let rest for 5 minutes without turning on the stove yet.
- Turn the heat on high to start the steaming process. Once the water starts to boil and steam is visible, turn the heat down to medium, and steam the dumplings for 6 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let them rest inside the steamer for 5 more minutes.
- Make sure to start each batch with cold water.
- Enjoy your dumplings immediately, topped with the yoghurt sesame dipping sauce and some sriracha! Enjoy!!!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat in the microwave for a minute or re-steam for 3-4 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.