This is The Best GF Vegan Menudo from Spain! The original recipe veganized by my mum is gluten-free too!!! So extremely flavourful, meaty, and satisfying, everyone at home will love our Vegan Menudo!
My mum is here in Houston visiting us this summer and she’s been cooking all her best veganized dishes for us. Here is one of her very best ones!!!!
This dish is insanely comforting, warming, and delicious, you NEED TO TRY THIS RECIPE NOW!!!!
So so good, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!!! Watch the video where my mum will be personally showing you how to make this delicious dish!
It’s made with our Vegan & GF Chorizo that is so flavourful and TASTY, you won’t believe it! & protein-packed! But if you don’t have time to make it (although you should really do it, you won’t regret it!!), you can always add any good quality crumbled vegan chorizo from the grocery store!
My mum makes this recipe using oyster mushrooms when she is in Spain. She has very easy access to them. But unfortunately, we haven’t found good quality ones here in Houston, so we have had to settle with adding standard white mushrooms to this delicious stew. It tastes amazing no matter what, but if you get a hold of oyster mushrooms, please do add those, as their texture is much meatier and authentic.
If you’re from Houston and know a place where we could buy good quality oyster mushrooms, please let us know in the comments. We would love to do so! Thank you so much!!
If you liked our GF Vegan Menudo from Spain and are into more comforting and satisfying dishes, you need to check out some recipes from our cookbook that you’re going to LOVE. Here is a list of them:
- Our amazing recipe of Ravioli al Formaggio. Cheese-filled ravioli used to be one of our favourite dishes while growing up. That’s why when we went vegan, we became obsessed with veganizing this dish. Believe us, you’re going to love our creation. Homemade made from scratch vegan ravioli, filled with the most delicious and creamiest vegan cultured cream cheese, made with cashews and probiotics. Served with a super creamy, delicious, and oil-free homemade sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Our insanely delicious Pesto Lumaconi. Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Lumaconi is the perfect recipe to make for a special celebration or romantic dinner. Fancy, creamy, super delicious, and full of flavour, and yet so easy to make! Served with our Champagne Lemon Sorbet for the best evening ever!
- The Best Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, where we show you how to make the best pizza from scratch and the most delicious vegan pepperoni you’re ever going to try, also from scratch! The key to achieving the best pizza dough is the overnight fermentation. You end up with a golden, beautiful crust with the perfect amount of crunch and subtle yeasty undertones. Totally worth it! And as far as oven temperatures go – we have great results at 482ºF/250ºC and using a pizza stone (it makes a huge difference!).
- So juicy Hot Italian Sausages. If you used to love Italian style sausages, then you will love these insanely meaty and juicy vegan sausages. They are so delicious and have that spicy touch. But if you don’t like them spicy, don’t worry, simply skip the red pepper flakes! We promise you these will be the very best vegan Italian sausages you will ever have!
- Thyme & Rosemary Vegan Chicken Cutlets. This is the best Vegan Chicken that you will ever try! Completely made from scratch, the texture and flavours are just perfect, and the recipe is so easy. Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little of extra-virgin olive oil take this succulent seitan chicken cutlets recipe to a whole new level.
- Vegan Caesar Salad & Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Vegan Mortadella
- Avocado Pesto & Walnut Pesto
- 4 different Vegan Cheese Sauces
- 9 different kinds of Vegan Cheeses, 4 of them Cultured with probiotics, 5-minute super melty vegan Mozzarella & Cheddar block-style cheeses, etc.
- The Best Tiramisu Cake you’re ever going to try. It’s just like the traditional Italian dessert, only in layer cake form and vegan. Rather than using ladyfingers, we are baking three layers of a light, fluffy sponge cake. The sponge is cooled and then soaked in a rich coffee syrup. The frosting is light and fluffy, yet rich at the same time. It’s made with homemade vegan mascarpone, folded together with vegan whipped cream, and a bit of cacao powder. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
- Insanely yummy Vegan Raffaello, which we call RAFFAELLA. If you used to love Raffaelo, you will absolutely adore our vegan version. With only 6 ingredients, so rich and creamy, perfectly sweet, naturally gluten-free and grain-free, they are so addictive!
- The most delicious Vegan Basil Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce (find this recipe also on the blog! Click here). Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
- And many more!
Here you can see the photos of these delicious dishes from our cookbook:
ALL these recipes can be found in our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
If you enjoyed this recipe for The Best GF Vegan Menudo from Spain, check out The Best Ever Vegan Chili con Carne, our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, and the rest of our stews. You will love them all!
The Best GF Vegan Menudo from Spain
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz The Best Vegan GF Chorizo Crumbs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 oz white mushrooms, sliced. Use oyster mushrooms instead if you can find them!!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 green Italian pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp spicy paprika powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, freshly ground
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Sea salt, to taste
- 28 oz canned fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can boiled chickpeas
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion & sauté until transparent.
- Stir in the garlic and green pepper & sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the paprikas, cumin & black pepper & salt. Watch closely so the spices don’t burn. Add fire-roasted tomatoes and the mixture of 1 tsp cornstarch and 1/2 cup filtered water, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime sauté the vegan chorizo in the 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms in 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for 5 minutes until fragrant and golden.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the contents of the saucepan into a purée.
- Stir in the bay leaf, mushrooms, chickpeas, and 1/2 of the chorizo, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the chorizo and serve into bowls. Enjoy this delicious Vegan Menudo!!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to a week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.