Yes, you read it well. These are The Best Authentic Vegan Swedish Pancakes that you’ll ever have. PERIOD! We were experimenting for a very long time (I’m talking years!) to make THE PERFECT VEGAN VERSION of Swedish Pancakes. Nothing was good enough until this year we moved to the US and we tried adding Just Egg to the recipe. Now you need to try these! AMAZING, PERFECTION!
The softest, most delicious, super light and fluffy… they taste exactly how I remember them from my childhood! I’m so happy with this recipe!
If you know anything about Swedish pancakes or pannkakor, you know that they are traditionally served on Thursday evenings following a meaty yellow pea soup called ärtsoppa. We, of course, already have a vegan recipe for the yellow pea soup that you’ll most certainly love too! You can find the recipe in our new cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here’s a photo of it:
If you are interested in more recipes for vegan pancakes or waffles, we have a few. Here is a list of some recipes we have on the blog:
- Deliciously Fluffy Vegan Maple Syrup Pancakes
- The Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Oil-Free Pancakes with Meringue
- Crispy & Christmassy Vegan Gingerbread Waffles
- The Best Crispy Vegan & GF Potato Waffles
In our new cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, you can find 2 more recipes for Vegan Pancakes, one of them naturally gluten-free and the other with a gluten-free option. You can find them in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”.
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES on page 209
- OATMEAL PANCAKES WITH THE BEST VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM on page 211
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
If you enjoyed this recipe for The Best Vegan Swedish Pancakes, check out our Dreamy Vegan Whipped Cream. You’ll love it!
If you liked this recipe for The Best Authentic Vegan Swedish Pancakes, you seriously need to try our Vegan Swedish Baked Pancake. They are made with Just Egg as well and will blow your mind! Here’s a picture of them:
If you’re interested in more Swedish recipes, check these recipes. You’ll love them all!
The Best Authentic Vegan Swedish Pancakes
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 10 tbsp Just Egg, do not substitute, this is an essential ingredient!
- 2 1/2 cups creamy plant milk, with a high fat content (this ingredient is super important!). Our favourite is So Delicious Dairy Free Wondermilk Milk Alternative, Whole Fat, Vegan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Vegan butter, to grease the skillet
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt.
- Stir in half of the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the Just Egg, the second half of the milk, and the vegetable oil, stirring well until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 tsp of vegan butter; turn to coat the skillet to evenly coat it with the melted butter.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter and quickly swirl the skillet to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until the pancake sets for about 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully lift the pancake by the edges and flip it. Cook for about 1 minute until golden on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate, cover, and repeat the same procedure with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve with strawberry jam, vegan whipped cream, and the rest of your favourite toppings. We love adding diced mango and blueberries. Enjoy!
- We keep seeing recipes online that call for lingonberry jam to top the pancakes and I have to say that NO, Swedish pancakes are not served or eaten with lingonberries. I have never seen anyone in Sweden doing so (from a Swede born and raised in Sweden👱🏻♂️).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.