Ours are seriously The Best Vegan Swedish Baked Pancake or Ugnspannkaka that you’ll ever have!
We were experimenting for a very long time (we’re talking years!) to make THE PERFECT VEGAN VERSION of Swedish Baked Pancakes. Nothing was good enough until we moved to the United States and tried adding the product Just Egg to the recipe. So if you’re lucky enough to have access to this product, you need to try this recipe NOW! AMAZING, PERFECTION!
Ugnspannkaka is a Swedish pancake baked in the oven.
If you know anything about Swedish pancakes, you know that they are traditionally served on Thursday evenings following a meaty yellow pea soup called ärtsoppa. We, of course, already have a vegan recipe for the yellow pea soup that you’ll most certainly love too! You can find the recipe in our new cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here’s a photo of it:
This is an extremely nostalgic dish to me and I’m so happy I nailed this recipe. Wifey is just as happy too because she loves it!
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Swedish Baked Pancake, you seriously need to try The Best Authentic Vegan Swedish Pancakes. They are made with Just Egg as well and will blow your mind! Here’s a picture of them:
If you are interested in more recipes for vegan pancakes or waffles, we have a few. Here is a list of some recipes we have on the blog:
- Deliciously Fluffy Vegan Maple Syrup Pancakes
- The Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Oil-Free Pancakes with Meringue
- Crispy & Christmassy Vegan Gingerbread Waffles
- The Best Crispy Vegan & GF Potato Waffles
In our new cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, you can find 2 more recipes for Vegan Pancakes, one of them naturally gluten-free and the other with a gluten-free option. You can find them in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”.
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES on page 209
- OATMEAL PANCAKES WITH THE BEST VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM on page 211
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), at Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
If you’re interested in more Swedish recipes, check these recipes. You’ll love them all!
The Best Vegan Swedish Baked Pancake
We were experimenting for a very long time (we're talking years!) to make THE PERFECT VEGAN VERSION of Swedish Baked Pancakes. Nothing was good enough until we moved to the United States and tried adding the product Just Egg to the recipe. So if you're lucky enough to have access to this product, you need to try this recipe NOW! AMAZING, PERFECTION!
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Preheat the oven to 225ºC/430ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar. Add half of the plant milk and stir until smooth.
- Add the Just Egg, the second half of the plant milk and the vegetable oil, stirring until smooth.
- Grease a 10×12-inch/25x30cm baking pan with the vegetable oil and pour the mixture inside. Make sure the pan has those measurements and it’s not smaller as the layer of batter should be pretty thin for the pancake to cook perfectly.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes or until it looks golden on top and when inserting a toothpick, it comes out dry.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream and strawberry jam. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.