These Vegan Mashed Potatoes are simply the very best you’ll try! Perfectly rich and creamy, so so fluffy, and full of flavour. They contain a secret ingredient to make them unbelievably good yet so healthy and low-fat! They are also very easy to make and contain only 4 ingredients! They are butter-free and oil-free yet AMAZING!
So low in fat and nutritious, one 370g serving has 294 kcal, with 16% of the protein and 19% of the dietary fibre recommended to consume daily (on a 2000 kcal per day diet). They also only contain 4% of fat!
If you’re interested in more recipes containing potatoes, we have a lot more on the blog. Here are a few of them:
- GF & Vegan Kroppkakor (Swedish Potato Dumplings)
- Vegan Jansson’s Temptation (Vegan Fish & Potato Gratin)
- The Best Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Crispy Vegan Cheesy Potato Stacks
- Vegan Tortilla de Patatas – Vegan Spanish Potato Omelette (Egg-Free)
- Oil-Free Healthy Sweet Potato & Mushroom Vegan Risotto
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Potato Lasagna – Pasta-Free
- Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch
- Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin
- The Best Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
- Pumpkin Gnocchi with Walnut Pesto – Vegan & Easy
- The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie
- Low-Calorie Vegan Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie V2
- Vegan Mexican Tacos for Breakfast
In our cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, we also have a recipe for The Perfect Sweet Potato Chips!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
We have also recently published An All Plants X-Mas E-Book, with 145 vegan and mostly gluten-free recipes. The recipes include some of our newest creations such as our Vegan & Gluten-Free Stuffed Turkey and our Vegan & Gluten-Free Swedish Christmas Ham. This Vegan Mashed Potatoes recipe is also included in this e-book and many different vegan gravies to accompany it. Read more about it here.
Visit our Etsy Store too!
The Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes – Low Fat
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 4.4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (2 kg)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond yogurt
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Fresh basil leaves, or your favourite herbs
- Any of our vegan gravies, recipes in our newest e-book An All Plants x-Mas
- Place peeled and cubed potatoes into a large pot. Cover with water. Add the garlic clove and 1 tbsp of sea salt. Bring the pot to a boil and boil for 13-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and immediately return them to the hot pot on the hot stove. Shake them gently for a few seconds.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher. Stir in the unsweetened almond yoghurt and sea salt, and mash again. Use a silicone spatula to combine them well.
- Taste the potatoes and add extra salt if preferred. Serve warm topped with freshly ground black pepper, your favourite herbs, and any of our vegan gravies. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to a week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.