One of the sweets that cannot be missed during Christmas time for Spaniards is Turrón. And well I am from Spain and no matter where hubby and I live I’ll always miss it. So, this year I decided to make my very own homemade Vegan Crunchy Milk Chocolate Spanish Turrón and it’s to die for delicious! You need to try it! So crunchy and good, made with homemade vegan milk chocolate. Accompany this delicious turrón de chocolate by another one of our newest creations, our Homemade Vegan Chai Spiced Baileys. This combo is a dream!
Turrón is the Spanish candy most commonly associated with Christmas in Spain. It’s not easy to find outside of Spain and basically impossible to find it vegan anywhere. We have seen it in some shops in Spain, but sadly extremely overpriced. Our version is so much more affordable and so easy and delicious that you won’t feel the need to buy store-bought ever again!
This easy Vegan Crunchy Milk Chocolate Spanish Turrón takes less than 15 minutes and is made with only 5 ingredients: chocolate, cacao butter, coconut milk powder, vegan unsalted butter block, and puffed rice cereal. Enjoy!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Vegan Crunchy Milk Chocolate Turrón
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 500 g semi-sweet vegan baking chocolate
- 100 g raw cacao butter, (essential for making vegan white or milk chocolate!)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk powder / rice milk powder, (essential for making vegan white or milk chocolate!)
- 100 g vegan unsalted butter block / refined coconut oil
- 100 g puffed rice cereal, or nuts of your choice
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, cacao butter, and butter or coconut oil.
- When the mixture is all melted, add the coconut or rice milk powder and mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the puffed rice or nuts of your choice. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper-lined mould.
- Let cool at room temperature for 30 min. Transfer to the refrigerator and let it cool further for 4-5 hours before consuming.
- Store in the refrigerator wrapped in aluminium foil and enjoy, it's delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.