So quick, ready in 20 minutes! Prepare yourself for The Ultimate Vegan Crème Caramel! You will impress all your guests and family with this incredibly delicious dessert, so perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day really! Everyone will love it! Egg-free, fuss-free yet insanely creamy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, this is the very best Vegan Crème Caramel you’ll ever have!
The key to making this Vegan Crème Caramel absolutely exquisite is the addition of orange zest (or lemon zest if you prefer) to the mixture. It provides a fresh, citrus flavour that everyone will love. Trust us and don’t skip this ingredient!
This Vegan Crème Caramel provides the perfect balance of lightness and indulgence.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Chai Panna Cotta with Date Syrup Drizzle and the rest of our Sweets & Desserts recipes. You’ll love them! Here you can see a pic of the panna cotta:
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
The Ultimate Vegan Crème Caramel (Quick & Easy)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 12 tbsp pure date syrup, 2 tbsp per container
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk, canned (ONLY extract the solids of a can refrigerated overnight)
- 2 cups creamy oat milk, Oatly Barista
- 6 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp agar powder
- 4 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest, or orange zest (both highly recommended, we can't choose which one is best! Both ways the Crème Caramel turns out super delicious!)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lemon zest, or orange zest
- This is our favourite option. Simply pour 2 tbsp of pure date syrup into the bottom of each individual container.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the raw sugar, water, and cream of tartar.
- Set the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a silicone spatula. Let it boil for a couple of minutes, stirring.
- It will become bubbly, be careful so the sugar doesn't burn.
- When the sugar has melted and the caramel looks amber-coloured, turn off the heat.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of caramel into the bottom of each container and let set at room temperature.
- Make sure to have refrigerated the can of full-fat coconut milk overnight.
- Extract only the solids of the coconut milk can and place them in a small saucepan. Bring the saucepan to a simmer. Let it melt, stirring until smooth.
- Combine the creamy oat milk, cornstarch, agar powder, raw sugar, pure vanilla extract, and lemon or orange zest in cold, until smooth. Pour the mixture into the simmering coconut milk, and bring to a simmer again over medium heat. Continue stirring while it simmers for 6-8 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Let simmer until it becomes thick and creamy, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat.
- Carefully, spoon the custard into the moulds, on top of the caramel, and smooth them over with a spatula or the back of a small spoon.
- Cover the moulds and store them in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight, allowing them to set.
- Before serving, carefully turn them onto individual plates and garnish with more lemon or orange zest and a few leaves of fresh mint. Enjoy this delicious dessert!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 2 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.