So easy and quick, light, cooling and refreshing, you’ll love our Easy Healthy Vegan Orange Jelly! The perfect dessert for hot summer days!
This orange jelly has all the flavours of summertime with the taste of bright citrus!
Its flavour is amazing, made from real fresh fruit and nothing like the artificial jellies that you get from the supermarket!
Sweet and delicate, it tastes like pure sunshine.
Much healthier than most vegan jellies because it’s naturally sweetened with Medjool dates and only a very little amount of raw sugar (that you can totally substitute with more Medjool dates!).
This dessert is very low in calories (only 121 kcal per one 218 g serving) and very high in vitamin C (141% of the recommended to consume daily on a 2000 kcal per day diet). See more detailed nutrition facts below.
One of the keys to achieving the greatest taste is to add freshly squeezed orange juice. No bottled juice here! Add the fresh fruit, it makes a huge difference!
If you liked this recipe for Healthy Vegan Orange Jelly, check out The Ultimate Vegan Crème Caramel (Quick & Easy), our Vegan Chai Panna Cotta with Date Syrup Drizzle and the rest of our Sweets & Desserts recipes. You’ll love them all!
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Easy Healthy Delicious Vegan Orange Jelly
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1/2 litre orange juice, freshly squeezed from ripe oranges (if you add store-bought orange juice, you'll need to add more sweetener to compensate for the extra acidity)
- 1/2 litre water
- 5 grams agar powder
- 4 kiwis, chopped
- 12 strawberries, chopped
- 2 clementines, chopped
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raw sugar, or substitute with more Medjool dates for WFPB
- Add the water and agar powder into a medium saucepan, and stir well in cold.
- Put the saucepan to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low boil, and let boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the pitted and finely chopped Medjool dates and the raw sugar. Continue stirring until the dates and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the freshly squeezed orange juice, while you keep stirring.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped kiwis, strawberries, and clementines.
- Pour the mixture into individual-sized containers and let them rest on the counter until they are room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours or until set.
- Enjoy, this dessert is delicious!
- Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly with cling film, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.