These Healthy GF Vegan Twix Bars are so insanely delicious, you won’t be able to stop eating! Just as tasty as the real thing, but SO MUCH HEALTHIER! A layer of vanilla shortbread, topped with super fudgy gooey caramel, all coated in silky chocolate!
We love recreating our childhood favourite foods the vegan way and as less processed as possible. We used to love Twix bars but apart from being non-vegan, they are loaded with bad highly processed stuff. Our version is so much healthier that you can actually feel good about putting it in your body.
These homemade Vegan Twix Bars are gluten-free and easily made nut-free too. They are also refined sugar-free! Perfect for a healthier vegan candy that everyone will love!
Made with very simple ingredients, you need to make them ASAP!
If you’re nut-free, you can swap the cashew butter for sunflower seed butter, or skip the cashew butter altogether and simply add 1/2 cup more of pitted Medjool dates to the blender.
In order to make the shortbread the healthiest possible way, we use vegan vanilla yoghurt. This will undoubtedly make these bars much much healthier than most, but they won’t be as crunchy. If you want to achieve the crunchy more traditional Twix-like texture, swap the yoghurt with melted refined coconut oil.
If you liked this recipe for Healthy GF Vegan Twix Bars (Refined Sugar-Free), check out our Decadent & Easy Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Mousse, The Ultimate Vegan Crème Caramel (Quick & Easy), Easy, Healthy, Delicious, Vegan Orange Jelly, our Vegan Chai Panna Cotta with Date Syrup Drizzle and the rest of our Sweets & Desserts recipes. You’ll love them!
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Healthy GF Vegan Twix Bars (Refined Sugar-Free)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in all the shortbread ingredients (almond flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, vegan vanilla yoghurt, melted vegan unsalted butter block, and pure vanilla extract). Mix using a sturdy silicone spatula until the mixture is dough-like.
- Line a 6×6 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press the dough into the parchment paper-lined baking dish, smoothing it over with a silicone spatula or using your fingers. Using a fork, poke several holes into the dough.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 17-22 minutes, or until the crust is slightly golden and ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before adding the caramel on top.
- In the meantime, make the caramel:
- In a high-speed blender, combine all the caramel ingredients (Medjool dates, cashew butter, pure vanilla extract, melted vegan unsalted butter block, and water), and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Once the shortbread is cool, pour the caramel sauce on top. Place the baking dish in the freezer for 6 hours.
- Remove from the baking dish and slice into 15-20 bars. Place them onto a parchment paper-lined plate and freeze again for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Using a double boiler, melt the vegan dark chocolate and coconut oil, stirring until well dissolved and nicely melted.
- Take the bars out of the freezer.
- Proceed to dip a bar in the melted chocolate, coating it evenly, with the help of two forks.
- Transfer the chocolate-covered bar to a sheet of parchment paper and repeat for all bars.
- Place the chocolate covered bars into the freezer for a couple of hours before serving.
- Serve them at room temperature and enjoy, they are super delicious!
- Store them in an air-tight container, in the freezer, for up to 3 months.
- If you’re nut-free, you can swap the cashew butter for sunflower seed butter, or skip the cashew butter altogether and simply add 1/2 cup more of pitted Medjool dates to the blender.
- In order to make the shortbread the healthiest possible way, we use vegan vanilla yoghurt. This will undoubtedly make these bars much much healthier than most, but they won’t be as crunchy. If you want to achieve the crunchy more traditional Twix-like texture, swap the yoghurt with melted refined coconut oil.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.